Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Foods that I am afraid of -- and one that just jumped off the list

Hey all -- you ever have foods you are "afraid of"?

I feel like my six year old when I type that -- but it's true!

I am afraid of kombucha mushrooms (slimey, YUCK!) and soymilk (don't tell my elder daughter who can't handle cow's milk and has to drink it...) and escargot and okra...

But Quinoa just fell off the list!
Quinoa 101


It really does taste good -- and I am using it in place of wheat bulgar in tabouleh -- wonderful!

You see, I am in a class by Kathy Abscal about eating to reduce inflammation. Who knows if it will really work with me (I am not "perfect" at following all the rules) but I am very much enjoying eating consciously! And I am finding things that I like that are higher in nutrition than the things that I was eating before.

There is a big push for green leafy veggies on this eating plan -- and a concept/consciousness of proportional eating, which makes it really tough for me. However, I see this as a "long haul" type of change, so I am trying not to beat myself up over taking things slowly, messing up, and adapting to the change in my own way.

Just glad to have one less food that I am "afraid" of!

No comments:

Post a Comment