Saturday, March 21, 2009

Momentous Day -- #2

Well, you read it here first: Daughter #1 lost her second tooth this morning!

As opposed to the first tooth, this one bled a bit -- scaring her a little, and she mentioned she was chewing gum and almost swallowed the tooth... but she is proudly wearing it in her tooth necklace (taped shut) and I know she is excited for the Tooth Fairy to visit.

The Tooth Fairy is pretty generous with her -- she gets $1 plus a quarter for each year she is old... so she is excited to save for a toy. I am so glad that it is out! It was hanging by a thread, and Daddy just wanted to yank on it ;^)* I just didn't want her to misplace it or swallow it because I hate those disappointed tears. Thankfully, she didn't!

I am very stressed as of late: my DH is working on contract in a new field for him, and we are doing better than we were on unemployment, but I am concerned because there are no health benefits with the job, and I am not sure long-term what is going to happen with the benefits we are on. I am sure that so many Americans are in the position that we are in that it is giving me great solace and a huge amount of humility in being in our situation. I find myself praying a lot.

We are keeping things simple around here -- or trying to -- but life does get complicated. I am working to transform my house (hard to deal with the possessions and clutter of 4 people who love STUFF), my own career/work (technical writing and application development for mobile devices), and supporting my husband's work and interests... and then I have a friend who is going through a transition and I am trying to find my place within that. And it is all harder than it sounds. Oh, and top that off with huge transformation around diet and eating -- and well, I am not at my best game right now!

Sigh.

Bloggging though -- gotta do more of that. Why? Dunno. Writing is good for me. This is a diary, I guess -- but with the ability for folks to see it and post comments. Maybe someone will. Anyway -- I am just happy for my little one -- a bit sorry for me at the moment, and wanting more fun. Anyone else in the same position? Type a comment and share, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment